Pumpkin loves all things Elmo and Sesame Street which made it an easy decision for 2nd Birthday theme. Because I love to try and DIY, the birthday party was a mix of store-brought decorations and things I created. Some of the crafts were successful and others ….not so much. But hey I tried.
The Successful crafts:
Thank you bags
– The Thank you sign on each of the gift bags was a hit. Although the craft took longer than expected to complete. Each letter had to be “glued” on and the green was a separate layer. Even with the Silhouette Cameo it still took me about 6-8 hours to create 12 of these.
Party Street signs
– Using the same template I made the Thank you sign with, I made signs for all the various “destinations” at the party. For example – Bounce St, Reading Ave, etc.
Elmo birthday sign
– I thought this came out great! It was so cute and the colors are great. Only….I forgot to put it up. lol
The “It had potential” crafts:
Elmo on fishbowls
– I cut Vinyl to add Elmo’s face on fishbowls, since he likes goldfish. But I underestimated how difficult it is to put vinyl on such a rounded surface. From far away it looks good, but up close it’s bumpy and not always straight.
Happy Birthday Banners
– Yes two failed banners. They both had potential, I just ran out of time. The concept was to have a green banner flag and “stitch” the letter with yellow yarn. It looked cute, but not enough time in the end.
I really enjoy crafting and will probably continue to create for events, but definitely will always have a humor about my attempts. What crafts do you like to do for birthday parties?